Who do you fancy? Page 1,093

Quote: Nogget @ 31st January 2014, 8:07 PM GMT

There's more than make-up at work there. Look at the colours of the whites of their eyes; always brighter in the made-up shots. So I think computers have been involved, unless they've bleached their eyeballs.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 31st January 2014, 8:36 PM GMT

Clearly computer trickery is also being utilised in the make-up pictures. And kinder lighting.

So not even make up could save these women, they needed CGI trickery. Now here is the rub, are we defending the use of make up - the real life CGI - or are we saying that women shouldn't wear it?

Aside from the hideous chav Mums on the school run, who've pretty much given up on everything, I don't think there are many women out there who would consider leaving the house without a bit of lippy or foundation.

So what's it to be?

People should wear whatever they want! Nothing to do with you or I.

Quote: zooo @ 31st January 2014, 10:30 PM GMT

People should wear whatever they want! Nothing to do with you or I.

Wrong and wrong. If I were to wear either a ladies bikini or a Nazi outfit on the Tube, then I could expect to receive negative comments or outright condemnation - and maybe a few dates - people are weird after all.

As mentioned in a previous exchange, we have all bought into the notion of fashion and beauty. You can't be complicit in something and eschew it at the same time, it reeks of the worst kind of hypocrisy and duplicitous behaviour.

No one wears whatever they want unless they live in the woods like feral animals.

Again, no idea what you're on about now. You've gone into the patented mad RC ranting about any old shit phase.

Quote: zooo @ 31st January 2014, 10:41 PM GMT

Again, no idea what you're on about now.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 31st January 2014, 10:22 PM GMT

Now here is the rub, are we defending the use of make up - the real life CGI - or are we saying that women shouldn't wear it?

Seems a pretty straightforward question to me - are we pro or anti make up? I made a pro-make up choice and was vilified. I am awaiting your counter argument.

I'm not on a debating team. I know you get off on bickering on the internet, but I can't be arsed I'm afraid!

Quote: zooo @ 31st January 2014, 11:16 PM GMT

I'm not on a debating team. I know you get off on bickering on the internet, but I can't be arsed I'm afraid!

Some people like to discuss the big issues, challenge convention and point out life's idiosyncrasies. Some don't, their only contribution being a disparaging remark before running off. That's how it is on the ole BCG.

It's a shame as I was hoping to widen the debate surrounding Photoshop / the re-touching of photographs vs make up, hair dye, fake tan, etc. Why one approach to fabricated beauty is castigated and the other celebrated?

But if no one wants to engage in this thought provoking intercourse (oo-er!), I can't make them.

Wave

Your worldly opinions, views and wise words are wasted on us lot R.C. Why not get out of your mommas' basement, switch off the computer screen you hide behind and go make the world a better place. Open its eyes to the truth, a truth that often/most of the time is one of extreme antagonising opposition to everyone else's ideas and dreams.

Instead of just painting yourself as this great bearer of The truth, why not put this into action?! Next time some hippy mum* dares secrete her free will next to you by spouting something that doesn't fit into your tidy little box of cruel ideals, why not just knock her, or push her into an oncoming car? That will shut her up.

*[insert some standup bit/comics observation and disguise it as your own]

Oh and something about hypocrisy... Blah blah...

Stars without their make-up. Also known as, I jizzed over that?
PS If you masturbate to Cyrus, is it a twank? Sorry, that was disrespectful to Melanie C.

Does anybody masturbate to Cyrus?

She's about as sexy as Michael Gove

I'd rather do Gove, actually.
Sorry to repeat myself, but I'm so sick of how every popstress has this three-singles-in epiphany where journos go, 'She's wowed fans with her radical change of image.' You think 'Yes, she looks like a prostitute now.' Give me Melanie C's healthy, accessible, unpretentious sexiness any day. And the rest of her.

I think RC is entitled to his views on beauty. I mean, we're all about free speech here, surely? Why tell him that his views should not be aired here? There's a bizarre element of liberal hypocrisy on here at the times, but, hey, you're all free to express it.

Quote: Ben @ 1st February 2014, 11:53 AM GMT

I think RC is entitled to his views on beauty.

Exactly, he's only voicing the opinions of horny fourteen year old boys everywhere.

BACK OF THE NET!

Sorry RC.

There may have been an interesting argument/discussion in what RC said
However he just ends up getting digs thrown at him by the mods.

Shouldn't you be trying to keep the peace rather than ganging up on members you don't agree with.

Seriously? Okay, I guess I'll stop having opinions and keep my mouth shut then.