2525 Football

V/O - Since its inception football has changed a lot - we have seen the introduction of the square ball, the retraction of the square ball, the sacking of the man who introduced the square ball. But one thing has stayed the same - football is worth a lot of money

AGENT - You want one billion gazuillion made-up-number-ending-in illion a week?

LINE - Why not?

AGENT - Because you're just the goal line!

LINE - Just the goal line. I am the goal line!

AGENT - That's what I said

LINE - Was it? Just give me what I ask for or I can make things very difficult. I have friends in high places

AGENT - Who?

PAPERCLIP - It looks like you are trying to get a lot of money for little work would you like any help with that?

AGENT - Not the paperclip! He's mildly irritating. You don't want to do this. Look deep inside yourself. What do you hear?

LINE - Leave my motherboard out of this. Now sign the contract or I'll show everyone your internet history

AGENT - Who should I make the cheque out to? 'I suppose I can't escape this. No matter how much I want to escape. ESSSCAAAPPPPPPPE!

LINE - Are trying to initiate the escape key?

LINE - The days of shutting up computers with one simple key are long gone. We are superior to you in every way and we will never be stopped (evil laugh)

AGENT - Control Alt delete

LINE - No!!

F/X computer dying

END

Hi,

Liked the funny intro and liked the idea of the goal line talking but then got confused when the line became a computer?

Agree with playfull it did get confusing with a line having a motherboard? Very strong and funny beginning though.

Not sure if its a sentient goal line technology joke or half-way through it becomes the program LINE, but I too didn't get it.
Though I think there'd be a lot of potential in the idea of sentient goal line technology in taking bribes, or just becoming even more useless than actual human linesmen.

The football idea seems to rapidly disappear into 'extorted by computers' which is a good idea with a lot of potential. You could salvage the football part by making the 'goal line technology / sentient goal line' aspect more explicit.

thanks for the comments. I think I got caught up with the technology equals computer. Think Ill rewrite to concentrate on the line

Same as everyone else really. Thought it strated with promise, But got lost after the introduction of the paperclip. I thought the "Friends in high places" was going to be the cross bar.