Short sketch - comments welcome

Hi all, just another short sketch which I've taken some historical license with, hope you enjoy :)

Int: Scene opens in a grand state room in ancient Greece. Two men sat at opposing sides of an ornate table with approx. three dozens scrolls on the table. The more opulently dressed man, the publisher, is poring over a scroll whilst the other man looks nervously on.

Publisher:

No matter how many times I re-read this there's just no way I can publish it. You're going to have to take it away and do a re-write.

Man:

Why? What's wrong with it?

Publisher:

Well look at it.

(reading scroll)

'After rubbing in some healing balms, David bandaged the lions leg and gathered his belongings to leave. But the lion had other things on its mind. With feline grace it arched its back and offered his hind quarters to David. Bewildered, David stared as the lion turned his head and winked at him, showing in no uncertain terms how it intended to repay the brave man. Unable to resist this offer, David ripped off his toga and grabbed the lion by its haunches, preparing himself for the pleasure that lay ahead'

(throws scroll down onto table)

And it goes on like this for another thirty two scrolls.

Man:

Everybody loves an animal story

Publisher:

Yes, but not stories about animal love. Look, take it away and do a re-write, I'm not paying for this.

Man:

This is about what happened with me and your goat isn't it?

Publisher:

(annoyed looking)

That's a completely separate issue.

Man:

How was I to know she was your goat? How many times do I have to apologise?

Publisher:

My refusal of this story and the unspeakable, unnatural acts that you performed on Geraldine are completely unrelated.

(stands and begins to usher man out)

If you want to work with me Aesop you're going to have to do a re-write, and that's an end to it.

(Shows man to door and watches as he leaves before shouting after him)

And no more unnatural sex acts!

(blows out his cheeks and composes himself for a few seconds before shouting through the doorway)

Ok, who's next?

(A young man walks in and the publisher immediately brightens up, smiling widely)

Here he is, the golden boy!

(whilst speaking he places an arm around the young mans shoulder and leads him into the room)

That last instalment you sent, where he shagged his mom...Brilliant! I tell you Sophocles, this tale of yours is going to be EPIC!

scene end

Could the goat be called Gavin? I've come to believe that Gavin is actually the funniest name of all time.

Booyah

Thanks for the comments and if it pleases you then feel free to substitute Gavin for Geraldine :)

nb can you start naming your scripts or its going to get confusing

will do, sorry :$