Game of football

A little honest feedback would be appreciated regarding the below.

SCENE FROM A PARK - A GAME OF SOCCER IS BEING PLAYED. SOME OF THE SPECTATORS ARE WONDERING HOW THEIR NEW GOALKEEPER WILL FARE.

MURPH: 'Pat in goal looks like a fine big fella Gav, ey?'

GAV: 'Yeah, he does but he seems a little nervous'.

A CROSS COMES IN FROM THE WING AND PAT GOES OUT TO CATCH THE BALL BUT GRABS AT THIN AIR.

MURPH: 'He was suspect there. He didn't get near that one. I think he has nerves alright mate'.

GAV: 'I honestly don't think he could catch a few zzzzz's if he was hit over the head with a sledgehammer after overdosing on sleeping medication, Murph'!

MURPH CHUCKLES. ANOTHER CROSS COMES IN AND PAT TRIES TO PUNCH IT AWAY BUT CATCHES THE OPPOSITION'S STRIKER ON THE SIDE OF THE HEAD AND GIVES AWAY A PENALTY. THE TWO LADS ARE DISGUSTED.

MURPH (shouting): 'Hey Pat, ya bleedin' dope. You're playing a game of football not topping the bill in Las Vegas'!

A NUMBER OF THE LADS ON THE SIDELINE HEAR MURPH AND CRACK UP LAUGHING.

Erm! well how can I put this nicely? not as strong as your bus stop sketch!

Macker - having read a few of your scripts I think I know where you're going wrong.
You are taking what is essentially a 'quip' or sarky comment and working backwards to create a scenario where you can have someone say it.
Working backwards from punchlines is certainly a good way to construct a sketch, but these aren't punchlines, just amusing turns of phrase.
The answer to all these things is, as has been said, read/watch loads of sketches - see how they're constructed - see what works.
Tons of luck.

EDIT: If you find yourself writing "Everyone around him cracks up with laughter" you're probably on the wrong track.

Once again, many thanks for all of your feedback. You are very kind to give me your honest opinions. Hopefully I can take on board your comments and develop my writing.

By the way, Lazzard sounds like he's got my material sussed!

Yeah, I don't really get what you're going for in your sketches. They're just mild little jokes that builders shout every single hour of the day.