I got a Writers JOB!!!! :)

Hi Everyone,
I've just had some great news, last weekend I meet a man Call Andrew Jacobs, he works for CBS as a organiser putting together teams of writers to write for sitcoms and alike, anyway we got talking and he said he might have something for me, I didn't think much of it but after about 3-3hour telephone conversations he has offered me a 6 week writing job working as part of a new sitcom that's just been commissioned about a group of 30 something's living in new york trying to make it big! one of them is an English guy with a wicked sense of humour and a sarcastic manner and he has asked me to be main line writer/ideas man of his part, its early days so there might be something about the job that I don't like but the money is good, all expenses are covered so it all sounds great so far and I get to got to new york for 6-7 weeks :)

I would never have even mentioned my comedy writing if it had not been for this site so just thought I'd let you all know the great news!!!

A quick Google reveals an Andrew Jacobs - working for Colombia Business School. Is this the CBS you meant, Tony? Because if there is one working for the network, he has zero Internet presence.

If you're looking for critique, I'd have tried to end this on a big gag.

I thought that the plot was thickening somewhat, but Colombia Business is not something you want to mix with...! Cool Pirate
There is another...

Andrew Jacobs is Executive Vice President of Linx Communications. As chief marketing strategist and new business development partner, Mr. Jacobs...blah blah....working on accounts such as MONY, Piels Beer and CBS Records. Prior to that, Mr. Jacobs held several marketing positions in the recording industry with companies such as East Wind, Inner City, Classic Jazz and MMO.

Quote: Jennie @ September 16 2013, 7:04 PM BST

A quick Google reveals an Andrew Jacobs - working for Colombia Business School. Is this the CBS you meant, Tony? Because if there is one working for the network, he has zero Internet presence.

That's right, Jennie, take his heart, tear it from his chest, and then shatter it on the hard, unforgiving rocks of reality, then bury each piece on some cold, distant planet.

JK. I wonder who this guy was and how much money he was trying to extract?

Well, Mr Jacobs seems well-connected in marketing, media solutions, etc, and a very solid citizen, if he's the guy with the goatee holding a surfboard...

http://www.linx.com/ExecutivePartners

Congrats and I hope it is genuine. Send us all a postcard if you go.

And as to the English character remember what the yanks want! Make him a cockney or a toff or better still a cockney toff and don't forget to give him bad teeth, and it never hurts to throw in an evil master villain streak. That just about covers it.

Good luck.

Well done.All the best. You must have something to keep him on the phone for that long.

Please tell me you have a contract.

Quote: Lazzard @ September 17 2013, 9:14 AM BST

Please tell me you have a contract.

Yes, on paper fashioned from Unicorn hide.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 17 2013, 9:29 AM BST

Yes, on paper fashioned from Unicorn hide.

Yes, but they're only valid if signed in phoenix blood...

Contracts eh?

They're not so great. I contracted ameobic dysentry and I was on the throne longer than Queen Lizzle.

Hi,
Thanks to both of you who chose to congratulate me, I really appreciate it,
I've not signed anything yet as I've got my solicitor looking over the contract to make sure I'm happy with everything, but one of the subjects we have spoken about is the opportunity and how I'm not foolish enough to just sign anything, you see I don't "need" this, it would just be fun if it happened, so I don't expect any big surprises, but it's not starting until end of jan, so plenty of time to iron out any questions! lol.

Congratulations and the best of luck to you young man.

Well give it straight back to him . Joking - which I admit is unusual around here. It sounds much too good to be true but if it works it works .Did the guy seem like a cynical , disappointed and world weary sort of chap?If not , he's probably a 24 carat phoney. Good luck but watch your bank account.