A Work in Progress

Business man walks into a pub. There are three regulars sitting at the bar and people sitting down throughout. In walks a man in a suit with a laptop under his arm. Everyone turns to look at him as he comes in and sits down in the corner. He gets out his laptop and the bar manager is looking at him annoyed that he hasn't ordered anything. The business man is looking annoyed at his computer. He picks up his phone.

Business Man

Hello, yes, is that IT? Good. Well you see I'm in the office I can't connect to the server. What? Internet?

The bar manager comes over.

Bar Manager

Having a problem mate?

BUSINESS MAN

Oh, they've sent over some technical support? Fantastic.

BAR MANAGER

You just need the password for the WI-FI? Can I put it in?

Business Man

Yes yes of course. Fantastic! I'll make sure Barry hears about this. He's got a star?

BAR MANAGER

Who's Barry?

Business MAn

Oh you know Barry? He's the head of the I.T Division. You'll be in for a promotion my boy.

The Bar manager goes back to the bar and sits on a bar stool. The Business Man goes up to the bar.

BUSINESS MAN

Excuse me but they seemed to have moved the office around over the weekend, I'm a bit thirsty and was wondering where...

BAR MANAGER

Oh you want a drink? Well we've got a wide selection of ales

BUSINESS MAN

Ales? I'd like a water. Where's the machine?

BAR MANAGER

Water? Right, wait right here.

BUSINESS MAN

Can you bring it to my desk please. Remember that I know Barry.

I can't see how this would work. Perhaps the pub looks like an office.
Perhaps the pub could be called the office.
With a traditional pub a business man would not mistake it for an office.I don't get it.

Quote: tony kay @ September 9 2013, 9:21 AM BST

With a traditional pub a business man would not mistake it for an office.I don't get it.

I think that's the point. It reminds me of a Big Train (?) sketch where a businessperson is in an empty field, shouting into his phone "Where's IT? Where's catering?".

I like it.It's delighfully silly and a bit surreal.

Thanks guys. It came to me last night so might not be too well thought out!