The Pearl of Great Price

Hi, I'm new here, so I thought I would share my act - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTzzPRJSgcs

Starts as spoken word and descends into chaos....warning adult content.

Been having great fun doing this, and working alongside greats like Monkey Poet and Chris Lynam. Soon, gigging with The Bob Blackman Experience.

Comments greatly received...

Love

majusB

I am rushing off to work soon so couldn't watch it all but...
I love it especially the bit about the pube sticking out of your sisters tracksuit. The bass really works. I really like your stage presence and your diction is really strong and clear.
I would definitely go and see it as it is now but a bit of tweaking to the script mightimprove it. I don't know what works in a room as I have never performed stand up. These are just personal impressions of what works for me.

It needs a stronger start. Amidst all the blarney and blah blah blah was alright but the pearl of great price bit could be rewritten to draw the listener in.

I go to a fair amount of stand up and see a lot of acts, I can see how this would go down well with the crowd and why people would like it, I prefer acts that tell funny storeys, even jokes than "are just funny people" to me you could have been standing on the stage saying anything, people seemed to be laughing at the performance not the material and because of that I don't think you need to change anything it is good how it is, I watched it with 3 friends as it's not the sort of thing anyone will laugh at on their own and I noticed me and my mate sat through it with a slight smile but the girls both laughed a lot. anyway seems like its all going well so best of luck.