BOOOOM... Well, a mild fzzz at least

Struggling to sleep as did my first stand up performance at an open mic last night. Pretty tough crowd and they were mostly there for music - I was the only non-music act... if perhaps "act" it's a little grandiose at this stage!

Anyway, hated getting so nervous before hand, and tried as best I could to enjoy my 5 minutes or so. I've really wanted to do it for ages and finally just thought I'd go for it without rehearsal or any friendly faces. I think I could definitely do with practising tough, as missed out too much which could have been funny, determined just to get through my very loose, but at least original, material.

Pleased to have popped my cherry, got a couple of admittedly stifled laughs and one half decent one that as luck would have it seemed at the right time.

Only the one tosser at the end mentioned a taxi for one, but that was when I'd for far away from the mic.

Overall really enjoyed it, but will be asking for some feedback and tips on improving stuff.

Well done, that's good, you've taken your first step into a larger world... now go and do it another 100 times.

:)

Quote: Tony Cowards @ August 29 2013, 10:29 AM BST

Well done, that's good, you've taken your first step into a larger world... now go and do it another 100 times.

:)

:) Thanks Tony... that's the plan - and sure that I'll have to go through several bombing sessions.