2525: In The Forest

Just the other script I have in the works for uncommissioned writers slot, any feedback as always is welcome.

EDIT: After thinking about this for a bit, I've decided just to take this down, at least until hear a yay or nay when I submit this, but again thanks for all the comments and critique.

Another lovely original idea, the concept of two guys becoming trees after after a stag do prank, I'd say it's very 2525.

On a side note (and this is in general to everyone) I'm not entirely sure it's the best thing to post what could be potential broadcastable radio sketches on here, wouldn't it be better for people to wait until they know whether that have been selected or not? There's the issue of everyone already having seen it, even if sketches are ultimately edited etc, it's a bit of a no no I think to show them on here before submission, but that's just my feeling on it.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ August 25 2013, 4:51 PM BST

On a side note (and this is in general to everyone) I'm not entirely sure it's the best thing to post what could be potential broadcastable radio sketches on here, wouldn't it be better for people to wait until they know whether that have been selected or not? There's the issue of everyone already having seen it, even if sketches are ultimately edited etc, it's a bit of a no no I think to show them on here before submission, but that's just my feeling on it.

I understand what you are saying Shandon - Speaking personally I posted my first three 2525 sketches on here purely because I am new to sketch writing and have no real expectation of having any of my attempts selected. I used the 2525 brief and the critique people were kind enough to offer here as a learning exercise. I have since written three more 2525 sketches which I won't test peoples patience by posting. I am now editing my five favourites and will submit them shortly.

So, I would like to thank all who helped by offering their critique.

Regards

playfull

Its a bit creapy and as soon as you knw there trees you know there going to get cut down! but gave me the creaps big style

Yeah, that is probably a fair point but as this is my first time writing 'sketches' per se I just wanted to test the water to see if these were up to scratch. I do have my other three which I probably not going to put up but thanks again for all the feedback guys.

Hi Sam, I liked the idea and thought it was very original. I agree though that it needs some work to make it more on 2525 brief and the ending should come as more of a surprise.

good luck

Quote: Shandonbelle @ August 25 2013, 4:51 PM BST

I think that depends on whether you regard BCG Critique as a public or a private space. I tend to look on it just as a bunch of mates commenting on one another's work.

If anyone in the industry ever looked on here I am sure our talents would have been snapped up long ago. ;)

NJ is a bit different because of topicality and the risk of coming up with precisely the same joke; so in that case best to leave posting until after broadcast.

Quote: Tursiops @ August 27 2013, 2:14 PM BST

I think that depends on whether you regard BCG Critique as a public or a private space.

Yes I do think of it as a private space...that anyone can access.