2525-downtime

INTRO
Planet Earth, the year 2525.Most of life's great mysteries have been solved, disease eradicated, wars ended, even the smug smile wiped off Simon Cowells face. And now Sitting in his lab, Professor Jones and his Martian colleague, Professor Gweenenchu-doe-rae-me-so-fa la-te-doe-gangnamstyle-wheeeee-flop (or George as he like to be called), are about to solve another puzzle. Time Travel....

PROFESSOR JONES
Right George, checklist complete, this is it, the moment of truth.

GEORGE

(In slobbering voice)

Slllllvvguuu mmeee wha hoohoo ick le baa

PROF JONES
I know George it is historic. Our names will be mentioned in the same breath as other great pioneers like Neil Armstrong, Christopher Columbus, and Judith Chalmers. Do not worry old friend I will be careful not to disturb the time continuum. Have everything ready and pray for my safe return and that civilization still exists in the year 5000.Begin the 5 second countdown.

GEORGE
xiiiii,jaaaaaaa,fffffpppp,grrrrr,quoooooo

PROF JONES
TO THE FUTURE!

(SOUND OF TIME MACHINE LEAVING, SILENCE, THEN TIME MACHINE RETURNING)

PROF JONES
EUREKA! GEORGE IT WORKED, I HAVE IT! DO YOU HAVE EVERYTHING READY?

GEORGE
GNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

PROF JONES
Quick let me look. Nachos, dips, After Eight mints. Oh George you're a genius! You even remembered the Babysham. Well here it is. The complete box set of Downtown Abbey, all 90000 episodes in glorious Blu-ray. LET'S GET ON THE SOFA AND TUCK IN!

GEORGE

GNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

I liked George but I am not sure I got the joke.

I so wanted you to say -

GEORGE

(In slobbering voice)

PROF JONES
I Could not have put it better myself George. Historic indeed...

And the Downton Abbey ending did not work for me as it is. However if you can improve on this I see no reason why you could not offer this as a running sketch. With a different funny item brought back each time.

Quote: playfull @ August 23 2013, 1:44 AM BST

I so wanted you to say -

GEORGE

(In slobbering voice)

PROF JONES
I Could not have put it better myself George. Historic indeed...

Don;t be an idiot! "Ock le buu" would work much better.

Ta for feedback. Like the suggestions. First sketch I have written so hope to improve.

Couldn't have George use that kind of language pre-watershed!

There's definitely room for a time travel sketch or two in 2525, but not sure this is the road to go down. Some type of time traveller who has a fatal flaw and keeps failing his missions could work better.