Stand Up Material

Hi, got a 5 min gig coming up soon and have been working on material.

I've posted this clip before:

It's basically a sound recording of me practicing but this is the material I am hoping to develop for my gig...

Any thoughts/advice/criticism welcome...

I found that very funny. Your delivery is excellent.

Thanks, just hope the nerves don't takeover on the night.

Not bad at all, PurpleRonnie...hope everything goes well for you on the big night!

Cheers, hope I don't get gonged off after 30 seconds. If I last 2 mins I'll be happy

Very good,Liam.Terrific script and very well delivered.Break a leg.

Thanks, It's in Manchester so I might literally have them broken haha

It's in Manchester, ey?...is that War of the Roses stuff for you?...whatever you do don't say 'Five Times Yehropean Champeeinge' or you won't escape with your life let alone broken legs, right?!

Hi, I know this is a few months old but I randomly came across it.

I liked it, I second what the others say about delivery.

Your final joke though.....I could tell as soon as you started with "there's nothing worse than a" , that the punch line would be "rape", and to be honest, you're better than rape gags.

: "there's nothing worse than a soggy base........chlamydia?" Just anything but rape.

Good delivery makes up for the average content. Bemoaning television shows isn't particularly new, although I did enjoy the Big Brother part. If you did this for a gong show, I imagine the big brother bit would have held the crowds attention, but the second half dies a little bit for me.

Let us know how you got on.