Orange Dating

A bit political, but here goes...

ATMOS: Gentle music plays in the background, something on flute or pan pipes. Music continues as the voiceover begins. A middle aged woman with a soft Irish tone to her voice, like a young Gloria Hunniford.

Voiceover: Do you enjoy taking long walks on warm summer evenings?
The sound of traditional music?
Ornate embroidery on a large scale?
Want to meet others with similar interests?
Then why not join us at Orange Dating?

ATMOS: The music rises slightly in volume and intensity, morphing into a drum and flute marching band arrangement

Voiceover: Just listen to what some of our satisfied members had to say...

Man 1:After a hard day of marching, I used to be so sad coming home to a microwave meal for one. Through Orange Dating I found someone who I can share my life with. Plus it never hurts to have a second set of prints on a Molotov cocktail.

Woman 1: As an obsessive knitter, I was forever turning out more balaclavas than I knew what to do with. Through Orange Dating I've met loads of new friends who are only too happy to model my designs, even on the warmest summer nights.

ATMOS: Music now so loud that the voiceover struggles to be heard over the top of it, resorting to shouting like a female Ian Paisley.

Voiceover: So if you hate the Pope but love the smell of burning diesel, why not come march to a different beat?

Orange Dating - putting the sexy back in sectarianism.

END

I like that

A great little skit, but sadly it's as sectarian in its writing as it is the subject matter it displays, which is a shame.

Teddy's maybe right.You should stick the boot into the other eejits as well as they did in Give My Head Peace the Northern Irish sit-com of a few years back.Then again Mason Boyne in Kick up the 80s with Robbie Coltrane was one-sided and funny.They did a similar one in Naked Video as well.Dare you to do a Jihadist dating sketch.Good,anyway.

That's not bad but it's over stated.

Good satire is the stilleto to the heart that kills without leaving an obvious wound. It's the passionate kiss with cyanide laced lipstick.

This is much more of a cricket bat to the noggin.

Sexy secrantarianism is however a neat pun.

Quote: Jaicee @ July 31 2013, 10:09 AM BST

Dare you to do a Jihadist dating sketch.Good,anyway.

"Fed up of waiting for your 72 virgins? Join Jihad Dating today, our girls will blow you away..."