Classroom scene

SCENE FROM A CLASSROOM.

TEACHER: Okay. Who can name an establishment from West London for me?

STUDENT 1: The British Broadcasting Corporation.

TEACHER: Yes. Very good, Tommy.

STUDENT 2: British Sky Broadcasting Centre.

TEACHER: Yes, that's correct too. Well done, Mark.

STUDENT 3: George Michael.

TEACHER: I know he's from West London, Cormac but he's not an establishment.

CORMAC: Yeah sir, I know that but his favourite football team is PARK STRANGER QUEENS and they are!

THE CLASSROOM DESCENDS INTO A RIOT.

END OF SCENE.

Again the build up is good as always, but it loses it on the punchline or maybe just before I am no expert, hopefully somebody here will give you more in depth advice than what I can give you but I can see that there is funny in there somewhere.

Cheers Carlos...PARK STRANGER QUEENS is derived from Queens Park Rangers...you may remember an incident from a few years back where George Michael was allegedly caught in a park in London somewhere among some gay men i.e. queens (as we call gay men here in Dublin!)...hope that simplifies things for you buddy!

Ah right, I remember the incident in question very well our very own Ron Davies was caught in similar circumstances but he was out "badger spotting" (your honour), but I didn't know the Queens park rangers thing.

Thanks it does and I see now

I am always thinking of sketches and I try them out on the boys in work, and sometimes I have to explain to them what the sketch meant, because I see it plainly but they don't , and one of the boys said to me "there lies your problem, you had to explain it to us, it falls down as soon as you have to explain it" I thought that was handy advice although I still have to explain some stuff to them, it is getting less.

Queens Park Strangers might have worked better.