Danny Lyer Episode 6 Southend on Sea

Danny pays southend a visit with 17 mates but ends up loosing them and making the most of his own time at the adventure playground and arcades

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH9oYR16lnM

Love the premise, just feel you could have done this in half the time as certain sections felt really drawn out. Enjoyed the hotel episode too, but just feel you could shorten all these into maybe 3 or 4 minutes long to keep peoples interest rather than dwelling on certain gags.

I felt that it needed a running thread to maintain interest. The ghost train scenes were funny enough to be repeated, and could even have become funnier with each showing.

Another tour de fackin' farce, son.The new Brian Rix.Joking aside the permutations are endless for DL.I'd like to see him interviewing celebs or giving an acting masterclass.17 mates-great.Brilliant loose and improvised feel that I would think is because it is loose and improvised.

Don't get me wrong, as I've stated I love the character, just feel that certain bits are drawn out. One idea I thought of for him is as he's always meeting tough gangs, he meets a teenage gang where he has to do initiation tests to be welcomed into the gang, really stupid childlike stuff.

You play the character brilliantly, and with a bit of tweaking he could be an Internet sensation.

love it, very funny. Thinks it works at this length and great improv. .Perhaps you could do shorter scenes interspersed with scenes from Danny Lyers straight to D.V.D films. Either way a star in the making Scotland

Liked the voice over at the end, play with that more. :)

Quote: OTTY @ July 24 2013, 11:32 AM BST

Perhaps you could do shorter scenes interspersed with scenes from Danny Lyers straight to D.V.D films.

I like that idea particularly as "Straight to D.V.D films" would be "STD VD Films"

I've just watched Barry Potter Street magician, both the trailer and first episode. Just like Danny Lyer you have created an unbelieveable character with so much potential, but for me not only like the Danny Lyer, it's too long with not enough content.

Both of these characters have the potential to be massive, with not much work either. Your acting is top notch, but I just feel in all the films I want more.

Keep up the very good work.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ July 24 2013, 2:30 PM BST

Take Danny Lyer and Garry Potter to Edinburgh next month and shoot some stuff.

^^^^ This

Thanks for all the feedback guys, and thank you for watching the video itself. I agree that the videos could be shortened but I personally feel with the Danny Lyer stuff that it never feels as long as the videos are. I try to edit them viciously to make them as random as hell, and believe me, the gang stuff and all those ideas I have thought of already but I don't want to make it a total piss take of Danny Dyer, Danny Lyer is a guythat's grown into something else that is loosely based on Dyer. As for situations I agree, there are endless things I can do, I will be going to a football match this season for example, and I plan to film in america. As for this latest episode, the feedback I've had from everyone has been incredibly positive, I mean my twitter has exploded this week, people love Danny lyre. Danny Lyer has a twitter account and I got a message from the real Danny Dyer yesterday, his words were "funny c**t, I love it" he also retweeted 2 episodes for me and followed me which I thought was the ultimate compliment. Who knows, I may be able to get him in one........ He'll have to audition though.

As for Garry Potter, I plan to make it incredibly awkward for the viewer, I want to engage with the public much much more next time round and completely cock tricks up, this was my initial idea, a shit Dynamo, but I never script and always improvise so I end up getting a completely different outcome to my original intentions. I do agree though, they can be shortened.

Thanks for the constructive Criticism and compliments and for watching, really appreciate it.

Great that you're doing well and nice one on the retweet. Keep it up.

I always thought Danny Dyer was a c**t but fair play to him for liking Danny Lyer, I'll definitely be following him on twitter (Lyer, not Dyer) :)

Great character and great improve. Agree with Lee, do more with the VO.