The Abominable Dr. Phibes
Nine killed her, nine shall die, nine eternities in doom!
Horror legend Vincent Price (The Fall Of The House Of Usher, Theatre Of Blood) is Dr. Phibes, former musician, current murderer. Seeking revenge from the medical staff that left his wife for dead, he sets about knocking them off one-by-one in a series of elaborate murders based upon a Ten Plagues of Egypt. Death by bats, by boils, by blood and more await the nurse and surgeons who failed to save the life of the beloved Victoria Regina Phibes!
A camp classic, The Abominable Dr. Phibes sets itself apart from the seventies horror crowd with its knowing humour and art deco sets, and also prefigures the Saw movies with its increasingly fiendish set of murder devices.
Presented in a new high definition transfer from original film elements by MGM.
First released: Monday 10th November 2014
- Audio commentary by director Robert Fuest
- Audio commentary by the creator of Dr. Phibes, William Goldstein
- Dr. Phibes and the Gentlemen: The League Of Gentlemen fondly recall a British horror classic
- Theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring alternate original artworks
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Julian Upton and the on-set reminiscences of Caroline Munro, illustrated with original archive posters and stills
If ordering from a UK store, please note that you are in Region 1 (DVD)/Region A (Blu-ray), whilst the UK is in Region 2/B, respectively. This means that many - but by no means all - may fail to play. Look for products marked "Region free", "All regions", "Region 0" or "Multi-region". Blu-rays may also be marked "Region A/B/C", "Region free", or variations thereof. You may also check whether your DVD/Blu-ray player supports multi-region playback (also referred to as "region free"), or whether it can be set to do so. There should, of course, be no problems with books, CDs, or other physical items.
More advice & help on importing