Cunk on Shakespeare

Anyone else watch this? It wasn't great to be honest. I like the character on Newswipe but the joke stretches too far over half an hour. There were some okay gags in there but not great. Not sure the interview segments work, as it's hard to tell if the interviewees are in on the joke or not, whereas with Ali G, you knew most of them weren't.

Quote: Lee @ 21st May 2016, 3:50 PM BST

Anyone else watch this? It wasn't great to be honest. I like the character on Newswipe but the joke stretches too far over half an hour. There were some okay gags in there but not great. Not sure the interview segments work, as it's hard to tell if the interviewees are in on the joke or not, whereas with Ali G, you knew most of them weren't.

Isn't that Cunk? And no she was crap on Newswipe, so there's no way I would watch this talentless load of shit.

I thought it was fun. Nothing Earth-shatteringly brilliant, but fun nonetheless. The bit about the hobnob and thatched roof had me laughing for ages! :D

Was surprised at the end to see she didn't get any writing credit. I thought she would have had some input. Huh?

Have edited title to Cunk.
Unless that kid from the Goonies did a series too?

:D autocorrect!!!!

I thought it was fabulous - loved it! :)

Yes, I thought it was rather good.

Not sure the interview segments work, as it's hard to tell if the interviewees are in on the joke or not, whereas with Ali G, you knew most of them weren't.

I reckon they're probably told to play it straight, to just answer the stupid questions as honestly as they can.

Edit: I'm listening to Diane Morgan on Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast and he actually asks her if the interviewees are in on it and she says "We try and tell them as little as possible"

I did like her bit where she asked how they got the ink to play the recordings back in our minds but then he answered with a perfectly logical answer.

I don't like the fake interviews. I just think people work it out, even if they're not officially in on it: the media world has changed a lot since Ali G, even if that was only 1998 (not to mention Dennis Pennis before him).

However, aside from that, I thought the scripted stuff was excellent, loads of great jokes, and some top delivery from Diane. I was surprised at how much I liked it, actually.

Quote: Lee @ 21st May 2016, 11:25 PM BST

I did like her bit where she asked how they got the ink to play the recordings back in our minds but then he answered with a perfectly logical answer.

Maybe he has met Sagittarians before?