How to get request for writing partner answered?

Could this be pinned?

Ways to assure your request will be answered:

* Don't specify an area.

* Be flexible as to whether you want someone to help with a sketch show, sitcom, stand up, etc.

* Be flexible as to age and sex.

* Be flexible about level of experience.

An example of your work in Critique wouldn't go amiss either.
It's not bloody Blind Date...

Or Showcase of course... so you can get peeved by people critiquing it anyway! :)

You have to sell yourself too. Too many: I want, I want, I want. Too many people think there's a desperate pool of talented co-writers waiting to write with them without needing any knowledge of them.

Also if you're one of those 'I have lots of ideas but need someone to write them up' then you are not going to get anywhere. Writing isn't about coming up with ideas it is about executing ideas. Sure, a co-writer can help make them better but you need ti be willing to work as hard.

Just some advice from someone who co-writes a lot.

Call me Mr Cynical, but most people don't want a co-writer they want someone to do all the hard work of making them rich and famous.

I'm terrible at co-writing.
I want them there when we're creating ideas - but the second we hit on something I want them to f**k off so I can get on and write it my way.
It's like, the sex is great, but I'd rather have breakfast on my own if it's all the same.
I think I'm a confirmed writing batchelor.

:P Do understand- You Bastard!

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th February 2015, 9:45 AM GMT

I'm terrible at co-writing.
I want them there when we're creating ideas - but the second we hit on something I want them to f**k off so I can get on and write it my way.
It's like, the sex is great, but I'd rather have breakfast on my own if it's all the same.
I think I'm a confirmed writing batchelor.

As long as keep your pens to yourself...

The trick is to work in pencil.
Then you can uses a rubber.....

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 26th February 2015, 1:06 AM GMT

Call me Mr Cynical, but most people don't want a co-writer they want someone to do all the hard work of making them rich and famous.

A social marketeer then?