Working on YouTube show production

Hey, not exactly sure if this is where id post this, but ill give it a shot anyway.

Im working on a YouTube show production, and we could use a comedian to help us incorporate more jokes into the writing/acting.

All youd have to do is review the scripts, and try your best to make it any more funny if you can, incorporating language and action in characters.

Its not a paid position, so its out of your own interest fun and free time to help. You will be in a positive zone with the others, and are free to mess around and crack jokes while we are not working, and communicate with the others. We are all positive and welcoming.

Everything takes place over Skype, so if your interested, please either Skype or email me, letting me know your interested in the show production,

my contact information:

Email: strongstrenth@hotmail.com

Thanks, and I hope to work with one of you soon, as we only need 1 good/funny comedian. =)

Under the assumption that you are checking back here to gage your responses, I ask you this: are you monetizing the YouTube videos? If so, then you should at the very least offer a percentage of the clicks payable when the your account hits a certain amount.

We already participate in various joke writing threads for our own "fun and interest" and no one's time is free. I can't speak for myself, but this forum boasts a number of successful writers and comics who have been paid for their time and effort. So you might want to sweeten the pot a bit if you're trying to attract a writer from this particular community.

Thanks for the comment, really do appreciate it

I could monetize it, and split whatever profit with that, but because its YouTube, and its a free source for videos, if it does make any money at all, it won't make much, so theres no point on including that

Aside from that, there would be no other ways I would be OK with for it to generate money, as its a free project on a free source, and I want to keep it free for the viewers, as something interesting for them to watch and fun for the team to work on, so the team are doing it out of their own free time and enjoyment.

I really have no funds at all to offer for this project, I understand that its important, and that im sure most need the money, though im sure there are people who are OK with no pay and don't only do things for the money, who may be interested in helping. This may not be the best source but it is one I have found.

If you happen to know of a better one that my ad may be able to reach more of a positive audience, please let me know, but as far as money goes, I have 0 I can offer.

Quote: Dibbie @ 27th July 2014, 2:29 AM BST

I could monetize it, and split whatever profit with that, but because its YouTube, and its a free source for videos, if it does make any money at all, it won't make much, so theres no point on including that

Youtube pays account holders according to how many times someone clicks on the video and the banner ad. A number of comedians and sketch comedy groups use this as a way to generate extra income as well as marketing themselves. You don't need to have a ten thousand dollar an episode video to do this. You could have the average budget of a Charlie Chaplain sketch and the production values of a middle school film class and you could still generate a small amount of income.

https://www.youtube.com/account_monetization

There's more information about monetization there.

My advice and this free is... If you want to do comedy but can't do comedy. Don't do comedy.

And I don't care where you live monetization is not a proper word ever to be using.

I 'heard' that comment Marc in the voice of Duncan Bannatyne.

Alright, thanks Nate.

And I never said I couldn't do comedy, with everything else I do, I rather not be the one holding all the responsibilities on the work, as I already hold alot, and comedy takes time to make good. So its more of a second comedian coming in and helping.

Though I understand what your both saying and appreciate it, I am still not going to offer anything I don't know is 100%. I don't want to give anyone "false hope" at any point in anything I do, if I can do it, I tell them such, if I cant, I tell them that, if im unsure, I make sure its noted.

Woody Allen doesn't say that. ALL the original work is in the script. Get one of them done and then worry about everything else. If you can't write one. It's ok. Lots of people can't. Find a script already written and make that if that is where your better strengths lie and attention is focused.