A rant about not writing. Page 3

Ah. Thanks for removing the confusion.

But it has led to deeper confusion: how can you not like Nando's?!!

In the local branch, they keep their roasted chickens under the work surfaces, in drawers. There's something disturbing about chickens drawers.

Quote: Nogget @ August 26 2013, 11:01 PM BST

There's something disturbing about chickens drawers.

I like the look of these ones. Pretty snazzy!

George! It thought you'd left us. And by us I mean me. Where have you been?

Lovely chicken picture.

Quote: Jennie @ August 28 2013, 2:29 PM BST

George! It thought you'd left us. And by us I mean me. Where have you been?

Lovely chicken picture.

It's nice to be missed. :)

I was away for a week on a rare family holiday. Unfortunately Torquay was fully booked, so we had to make do with Paris.

Ahh, were you being romantic? Hope you had a lovely time :)

Quote: Jennie @ August 28 2013, 11:36 PM BST

Ahh, were you being romantic?

Not really. I don't think my teenage son and daughter would have been too thrilled if we'd tried. ;)

But that reminds me. We all had a good chuckle at the Bateaux-Mouches leaflet in our hotel that offered this:

[/i]Choose Paris so that she will say yes
Discover all of Paris' landmarks on the River Seine and declare your love to each other!
As the water passes by, offer your beloved an exceptional evening to prove that you love her!
A chauffeur-driven car will drive you from your Parisian home to your boat, where you will be welcomed as privileged guests by our Captain who will lead you to your "Admiral" table and will welcome you on board according to tradition.
There will be roses and champagne.
Violins and a piano will accompany you throughout your cruise.
As a souvenir of this unique moment, you will receive a precious scroll as well as two photographs to immortalize your evening.
Refined traditional French cooking, prepared on board by our Chef, will highlight the most romantic of cruises.

BATEAUX-MOUCHES®

An exceptional cruise for an unforgettable moment
Choose Paris so that she will say yes
€650 inclusive of VAT for 2 people
Including:
the Excellence Dinner Cruise
A bottle of champagne, a bouquet of flowers
A scroll, two souvenir photographs with a surprise gift and the round trip transfer in a chauffeur-driven car.
Departures every evening according to availability
Reservations 48 hours in advance by telephoning +33 (0) 1 42 25 96 10
Let Paris bear witness to your exchanged promises[/i]

Quote: Jennie @ August 28 2013, 11:36 PM BST

Hope you had a lovely time :)

Thanks. It was pretty great. Lots of fun.

That sounds disgusting :( Do you think Paris is cashing in on it's reputation for romance?

I think the 'souvenir photos' would probably finish me off.

Why can't you get Marlboro Reds in Paris?

Because it's the city of lights.

Quote: George Kaplan @ August 29 2013, 12:14 AM BST

As a souvenir of this unique moment, you will receive a precious scroll

Unless they throw in an amulet of fortune and gauntlet of flame, I'm taking my Gold Pieces elsewhere. Perhaps Kakhabad.

Quote: Jennie @ August 29 2013, 11:38 AM BST

Do you think Paris is cashing in on it's reputation for romance?

Hard to say. But the people we met and those we asked for help/directions were refreshingly friendly and welcoming, so it was a good experience all round.

As a souvenir of this unique moment, you will receive a precious scroll

Quote: gappy @ August 29 2013, 11:56 AM BST

Unless they throw in an amulet of fortune and gauntlet of flame, I'm taking my Gold Pieces elsewhere. Perhaps Kakhabad.

Laughing out loud

Actually, in the leaflet, rather than the website text I used, it's referred to as a "special parchment" rather than a "precious scroll". Maybe it's a precious scroll made from special parchment?

Quote: blahblah @ 31st July 2013, 3:15 AM BST

One of the thing that stops me from writing is seeing future problems - "this scene isn't perfect so I won't write at all" But telling myself it doesn't have to be perfect and you need to break something before you fix it seems to help..sometimes

I find if I just tell myself to write shite, and it's ok if it's not literally the best thing that anybody ever wrote ever, then sometimes something good comes out of the shite - the manure for the idea tree as it were

Quote: sootyj @ 29th August 2013, 11:40 AM BST

Why can't you get Marlboro Reds in Paris?

Because it's the city of lights.

hmmm

I decided to give writing another go after a 6 month sulk from all the rejection letters from my 'great lost pilot episode of Police Team'.

I had a day free so the first thing I did was to go to the tip with some rubbish and come back via Tesco where I got some more pens and a new notebook. Total work that morning: Zero.
That afternoon I wrote a very brief plot outline of about 20 lines, and did some research (watched YouTube). Total work that afternoon: About an hour at most.

8 pages written today though! :)

Have read this thread though ... random jump in time,
but can relate though just trying to write a funny situation I had in life on to paper sometimes can be really hard, plus the time vampire that is "you tube" tends to sometimes waste some good script writing time DOH! however I got home from work and joined this site so today is a good day at being proactive :)

Recently I have been finding that when I sit in front of the computer at home I almost get 'write fright' and find that nothing gets written and I seem devoid of ideas. Then when I'm at work the next day, when I should be busy doing client work, ideas start to flood in. It is not the first time that I have written scenes while I was at work. I feel a bit guilty doing it on works time, but there is something deliciously naughty about doing it that way nonetheless.
Whistling nnocently