- BBC Two
- 6 (1 series)
- Alan Davies, Darren Boyd, Stephen Wight, Katherine Parkinson, Isy Suttie, Maggie Steed, Amit Shah, Matt King and Oliver Lansley
- Matt King, Oliver Lansley and Simon Blackwell
- David Kerr
- Charlie Hanson, Michelle Farr-Scott and Mark Freeland
Alan Davies plays Roland White, a fantastic chef who is a little past his sell-by-date.
Set in the kitchen of a country house hotel, Whites follows the trials and tribulations of head chef Roland and his long suffering sous chef Bib.
Having been on the brink of success 15 years ago, Roland has since lost the sparkle and drive needed to win a long-coveted Michelin star. He can cook with the best of them when he puts his mind to it, but laziness gets the better of him, much to the annoyance of restaurant manager Caroline.
Bib, meanwhile, is under pressure and hasn't spent time with his wife for months. It doesn't help that Skoose the apprentice chef, has zero respect for him or that quirky waitress Kiki takes an order for an eggless omelette.
Despite all their problems, Bib knows he is lucky to be working alongside a true culinary genius and Roland knows that Bib is a true friend. But this doesn't stop things from getting heated in the kitchen.
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Theme track: Song for the Dead by Alexander Wolfe.
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 28th September 2010 at 9pm on BBC Two
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 2nd November 2010 at 9pm on BBC Two
- Most recent repeats
- Dragon Studios (Wales) - Interiors filmed at Dragon Studios in Wales.
- Thornbury Castle (Bristol) - Exteriors filmed at Thornbury Castle luxury hotel near Bristol.