- BBC Two
- 6 (1 series)
- Alan Davies, Darren Boyd, Stephen Wight, Katherine Parkinson, Isy Suttie, Maggie Steed, Amit Shah, Matt King and Oliver Lansley
- Matt King and Oliver Lansley
- David Kerr
- Charlie Hanson and Michelle Farr-Scott
Alan Davies plays Roland White, a fantastic chef who is a little past his sell-by-date.
Set in the kitchen of a country house hotel, Whites follows the trials and tribulations of head chef Roland and his long suffering sous chef Bib.
Having been on the brink of success 15 years ago, Roland has since lost the sparkle and drive needed to win a long-coveted Michelin star. He can cook with the best of them when he puts his mind to it, but laziness gets the better of him, much to the annoyance of restaurant manager Caroline.
Bib, meanwhile, is under pressure and hasn't spent time with his wife for months. It doesn't help that Skoose the apprentice chef, has zero respect for him or that quirky waitress Kiki takes an order for an eggless omelette.
Despite all their problems, Bib knows he is lucky to be working alongside a true culinary genius and Roland knows that Bib is a true friend. But this doesn't stop things from getting heated in the kitchen.
- Production company
- Theme track: Song for the Dead by Alexander Wolfe.
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 28th September 2010 on BBC Two at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 2nd November 2010 on BBC Two at 9pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Monday 22nd October 2012 at 12:30am on BBC HD