- Comedy Drama
- Sky Atlantic
- 8 (1 series)
- Chris Taylor
- Tim Minchin, Milly Alcock, Heather Mitchell, Daniel Lapaine and Ella Scott Lynch
- Chris Taylor, Tim Minchin, Kate Mulvany and Leon Ford
- Matthew Saville
- Jason Stephens, Melissa Kelly and Chris Taylor
When your most cherished possession is a battered upright piano, you only have one option if you need to travel across Australia: take it with you.
The story follows two misfits, thrown together by chance in the middle of the Australian desert, who forge the unlikeliest of bonds in their quest to get a precious piano from one side of the country to the other.
Lucky Flynn hasn't spoken to his family in years. He's broke, distant and damaged. He's also a gifted pianist, whose talent for music is matched only by his talent for self-destruction. When he learns that his mother has only days left to live, Lucky sets off in a hire car to drive the 4,000km from Sydney to Perth to say goodbye, taking with him his only cherished possession in the world: a battered and scarred upright piano.
But what should have been a straightforward drive across the outback soon becomes a test of Lucky's emotional fitness, when he quite literally runs into Meg, a hilarious, tough-as-nails teenager, who we soon discover has plenty of scars and secrets of her own.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Thursday 28th November 2019 on Sky Atlantic at 10pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 19th December 2019 on Sky Atlantic at 10:35pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Thursday 26th December 2019 at 12:15am