- Documentary, Sketch Show
- BBC One
- Trevor McDonald, Lenny Henry, Vivienne Acheampong, Seraphina Beh, John Bradley, Nathan Caton, Sharon D Clarke, Johnny Cochrane and more
- Jon Canter and Kim Fuller
- Dominic Brigstocke
- John Rushton, Gareth Edwards, Angela Ferreira, Chris Sussman and Kathryn Lowrie
In 1975, a 16-year-old Lenny Henry bunked off school to appear on New Faces. In 2018, after a long and glittering career, Sir Lenny is 60 - the perfect excuse to celebrate a man who has made a unique impact on British comedy.
Hosted by Sir Trevor McDonald and filmed in front of a studio audience, Lenny takes a light-hearted look back at his career, featuring archive clips from a TV career that started 43 years ago and hasn't stopped since.
As well as all new sketches featuring a number of special guests, there's a look back at his favourite characters, from Theophilus P. Wildebeeste to Delbert Wilkins, Deakus to Mister Lister.
- Camera set-up
- First broadcast
- Wednesday 22nd August 2018 at 8pm on BBC One
- Episode length
- 1 hour
- All previous repeats
- Thursday 30th August 2018 at 12:55am on BBC1 Wales
- Wednesday 29th August 2018 at 11:15pm on BBC1
- BBC Television Centre