- BBC Choice
- 6 (1 series)
- Dave Gorman, Danny Wallace and Dave Gorman
- Dave Gorman and Danny Wallace
- Pati Marr
- Dave Gorman, Danny Wallace and Myfanwy Moore
When comedian Dave Gorman told his flatmate Danny Wallace that the manager of East Fife F.C. was also called "Dave Gorman", Danny did not believe him. During their drunken argument they got on a train to meet him. They also met his son, who is also called Dave Gorman. Back in London, they meet a third man called Dave Gorman.
After some searching they found a fourth Dave Gorman, who also lives in East Fife. When they go on the train to meet them, playing a game of cards, Dave realises that he is doing this while he is sober and therefore deliberately. Dave then asks Danny how many Dave Gormans he thinks he could meet. Danny puts the cards in the hand and tells him it is that many: 54 Dave Gormans, one for every card in the deck (including the jokers).
Dave takes the bet on. Not only that, but Dave also tries to meet each of his Dave Gormans at an average distance of between 300 to 500 Miles per Dave Gorman (mpdg). It is a trip that takes them to France, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Israel, the USA and Norway, for the sole purpose of meeting people who can say: "Hello, my name is Dave Gorman."
- Hello, my name is Dave Gorman; Are You Dave Gorman? I am!
- Also known as
- Are You Dave Gorman?
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 23rd January 2001 at 10:30pm on BBC Choice
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 27th February 2001 at 10:30pm on BBC Choice
- Most recent repeats
- Saturday 7th April 2001 at 11:00pm on BBC2 - Episode 6
- Sunday 1st April 2001 at 10:45pm on BBC2 - Episode 5
- Sunday 25th March 2001 at 10:55pm on BBC2 - Episode 4