Series 8, Episode 2 - A Novel About Russian Gulags
Prize task: Best pair of things.
* Sian Gibson: Shirley Bassey's pop socks. - 5
* Iain Stirling: A song from Dick & Dom. - 4
* Paul Sinha: A housewarming gift from his parents: a picture from China of two pandas which appear to be having sex. - 4
* Lou Sanders: A pair of slippers shaped like breasts, with radios attached to them with rubber bands. - 3
* Joe Thomas: A pair of fake diamond earrings. - 1
Task 1: Put something on your face which looks like a moustache from a long distance away, but when you get up close you realise it is something completely different to what you thought. You have ten minutes to plan your moustache, and ten further minutes to make your moustache. Most unexpected moustache wins. Your time starts now.
* Paul: Glued-on caviar. - 5
* Lou: Fake flies and real mealworms. - 4
* Joe: Pictures of moustaches. - 3
* Iain: A map containing the Hampshire village of Liphook and a small picture of his face. - 2
* Sian: Fake hair from a Barbie doll and lots of pictures of Alex. - 1
Task 2: Get this rice into the bottle in the living room. You may only use the shopping basket and its contents to transport and deliver the rice. You may not touch the rice with anything other than the shopping basket and its contents. You may not take the bottle out of the living room. Most grains in the bottle wins. You have ten minutes. Your time starts now.
* Joe: 85% - 5
* Lou: 79% - 4
* Iain: 74% - 3
* Sian: 28% - 2
* Paul: Disqualified for touching the rice with his hands and taking the bottle out of the living room, but then given a bonus point for the polite manner he takes his disqualification. - 1
Task 3 (Team Task): Tell your teammates what is in this chest. Your teammate(s) must not see what is in the chest. After reading the task out you may not speak again until the task is over. In the first minute you may only use facial expressions. In the second minute you may only make noises. In the third minute you may only shout adjectives. From then on you may only whisper verbs. Fastest correct communication wins. Your time starts now.
* Joe and Sian (The Actors): Under two minutes. - 3
* Iain, Lou and Paul (The Comedians): 2:04 - 2
Task 4: Travel the furthest distance while making a constant noise with your mouth. You must start travelling in 30 seconds from now. Furthest wins.
* Joe: 98m - 5
* Lou: 39.9m - 4
* Sian: 38.1m - 3
* Paul: 22m - 2
* Iain: 1m - 1
Live task: Say a species of bird, eat a grape and then shout a competitor's name, within five seconds of hearing your own name. If you fail to say a different species or bird, pop a grape in your mouth and shout a competitor's name within five seconds of hearing your own name, you will be eliminated. You must not say any bird which has previously been said during the task. Last remaining player wins.
* Paul - 5
* Lou - 4
* Joe - 3
* Sian - 2
* Iain - 1
* Lou - 21
* Joe - 20
* Paul - 19
* Sian - 16
* Iain - 13
- Wednesday 15th May 2019
- 60 minutes
Cast & crew
|Greg Davies||Host / Presenter|
|Alex Horne||Host / Presenter|
|Richard McCourt (as Dick & Dom)||Self|
|Dominic Wood (as Dick & Dom)||Self|
|Andy Devonshire||Series Director|
|Andy Cartwright||Series Producer|
|Richard Allen-Turner||Executive Producer|
|James Taylor||Executive Producer|
|Jon Thoday||Executive Producer|
|Hilary Rosen||Executive Producer|
|Rob Aslett||Executive Producer|
|Andy Devonshire||Executive Producer|
|Alex Horne||Executive Producer|
|Rebecca Bowker (as Becky Bowker)||Editor|
|James Dillon||Production Designer|
|Kyz Kistell (as Kyz Kistel)||Production Designer|
In this clip the contestants are set the team task of describing what's inside a box without speaking. This results in a very awkward meeting between Joe Thomas and Sian Gibson, and then some odd facial expressions from Joe.
Lou Sanders and Iain Stirling give it their best shot at fooling Taskmaster Greg Davies with something that looks like a moustache from far away. What do Lou and Iain decide to use? Does Greg guess it correctly?