- BBC Two
- Stewart Lee and Alan Moore
- Stewart Lee
- Tim Kirkby
- Richard Webb, Colin Dench, David Johnson, Chris Sussman, Paul Ralph, Debi Allen, Stewart Lee and John Mackay
Content Provider is the most critically acclaimed show to date from the most consistently critically acclaimed stand-up of the century, and the BBC have chosen to administer it to you, like a foul-tasting medicine which you deserve to swallow.
How do you write a one-size-fits-all stand-up comedy show to tour around divided Brexit Britain? Stewart Lee found himself having to do exactly that, as he dragged his resilient Content Provider show around the dis-united kingdom for 18 months and 214 dates in the wake of the referendum.
Captured in the majestic Victorian stucco environs of The Palace Theatre in Leave-voting Southend-On-Sea, Content Provider sees the country's most consistently critically acclaimed stand-up at the zenith of his powers and the peak of physical collapse, on a stage strewn with obsolete physical media, as he attempts to understand his place in a digital dystopia.
- Camera set-up
- First broadcast
- Saturday 28th July 2018 at 10:45pm on BBC Two
- Episode length
- 120 minutes
- All previous repeats
- Saturday 29th December 2018 at 11:55pm on BBC2
- Palace Theatre (Southend)