- 1997 - 2001
- BBC Two
- 37 (4 series)
- Phil Cornwell, John Sessions and Sandra Cush
- John Sessions, Phil Cornwell and Peter Richardson
- Peter Richardson
- Ben Swaffer
Although the residents are all in somewhat reduced circumstances they behave just like they're still in the bigtime. For example, Rolling Stones Mick Jagger and Keith Richards run the nearby corner shop but continue to act with their usual arrogance. The only common person is old Mrs Huggett, the local cleaner who is the butt of their verbal - and even physical - abuse.
In the second series Dirk Bogarde moves out, selling his house to Pam and Gary Slurrey, an irritating middle class couple. The third series sees Marlon Brando joining the street and heaping even more abuse on poor Mrs Huggett.
- Production company
- First broadcast
- Monday 22nd December 1997 on BBC Two at 11:15pm
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 11th December 2001 on BBC Two at 10:20pm
- Last repeat
- Sunday 20th December 2020 at 9:30pm on BBC4