- 16th October via The Scarborough News: Final viewing figures revealed for Scarborough
- 9th September via The Sun: Viewers 'disgusted' by sick jokes about Jimmy Savile
- 9th September via Radio Times: BBC defends Jimmy Savile jokes in Scarborough
- BBC One
- 6 (1 series)
- Jason Manford, Catherine Tyldesley, Stephanie Cole, Maggie Ollerenshaw, Steve Edge, Claire Sweeney, Harriet Webb, Gina Fillingham and others
- Derren Litten
- Derren Litten
- Gill Isles
Mike and Karen are nearly-40-somethings that are giving their relationship another go, five years after they split. The pair were always meant to be together, but Mike's ambition to become a professional entertainer meant that he was never at home. Now in his late 30s, Mike has realised what's actually important to him - he's given up life on the road to come back to Scarborough and give their relationship another go.
Karen truly loves Mike, but she ended their relationship first time around as she realised what she wanted was stability and that wasn't something Mike could offer. Her life in Scarborough is doing a job that she loves and making sure her mum is OK. Karen works at Geraldine's, a local hair salon where the elderly clientele are always keen to share the latest gossip - if they're not talking about it in Geraldine's then it's not worth talking about. The salon is the very heart of the community - but as the series unfolds is that heart about to be ripped out by unscrupulous local businessman Tony Peroni?
Between the local salon, Geraldine's, and local pub/karaoke hot spot, The Good Ship, there's never a dull day in town. But will the course of true love run smoothly for the couple the second time around, or will the trials and tribulations of their lives get in the way?
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Friday 6th September 2019 on BBC One at 9:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 11th October 2019 on BBC One at 9:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes