Series III, Episode 1 - Backwards
Rimmer and Kryten crash-land on a planet and are shocked to find it is Earth - but an Earth where time is running in reverse.
When Kryten gets sucked into a time hole and crashes Starbug 1 onto a planet during the space-ship equivalent of a driver's test, he and Rimmer are shocked to discover that they've landed on Earth.
It's not quite as normal though: time is running backwards. After the Big Bang the universe expanded, but they've gone so far into the future that the Big Crunch has now happened, the universe is contracting, and everything going in reverse accordingly.
When Lister and Cat finally find them, it's 1993 and Rimmer and Kryten are working as a novelty comic act. They're not keen to leave their popularity and success, but Lister's involvement in a brawl would seem to seal their fate in this backwards world.
- Tuesday 14th November 1989
- BBC Two
- 30 minutes
- Show past repeats
- Wednesday 18th May 2011 at 10:00pm on Dave
- Sunday 14th August 2011 at 9:40pm on Dave
- Sunday 2nd October 2011 at 11:00pm on Dave
- Saturday 26th November 2011 at 8:20pm on Dave
- Monday 7th May 2012 at 11:20am on Dave
- Sunday 23rd September 2012 at 11:00am on Dave
- Saturday 29th November 2014 at 3:00pm on Dave
- Saturday 31st January 2015 at 3:00pm on Dave
- Monday 1st June 2015 at 1:20am on Dave
- Monday 1st June 2015 at 10:40pm on Dave
- Monday 27th July 2015 at 10:20pm on Gold
- Tuesday 28th July 2015 at 1:00pm on Gold
- Monday 18th July 2016 at 11:20pm on Gold
- Tuesday 19th July 2016 at 2:20am on Gold
- Thursday 13th October 2016 at 10:20pm on Dave
- Friday 14th October 2016 at 2:25am on Dave
Cast & crew