The QI Annual MMIX
The festive fiefdom of QI follows last year's estimable E Annual with a farrago of F-themed fabulousness. Filled with the fabrications of Fry and friends, it's a feast of fascinating facts, from fish and frogs to ferrets and Freemasons, from the frozen fields of Finland to the fruit-fringed forests of Fiji, filled with flies, flags, flamingos, fleas, floods, flowers, fog, food, football, forests, fossils, fungi, fur and furniture...You get the idea. It's the nearest you'll get to having the phenomenal BBC show live in you front room. It's often said that 96 per cent of the universe is missing, composed of so-called 'dark matter'. But isn't it interesting that the remaining 4 per cent can be compressed into just 96 pages of frabjous, free-wheeling fun.
First published: Thursday 6th November 2008
If ordering from a UK store, please note that you are in Region 1 (DVD)/Region A (Blu-ray), whilst the UK is in Region 2/B, respectively. This means that many - but by no means all - may fail to play. Look for products marked "Region free", "All regions", "Region 0" or "Multi-region". Blu-rays may also be marked "Region A/B/C", "Region free", or variations thereof. You may also check whether your DVD/Blu-ray player supports multi-region playback (also referred to as "region free"), or whether it can be set to do so. There should, of course, be no problems with books, CDs, or other physical items.
More advice & help on importing