Series G - QI VG: Compilation Show 1
A mixture of new material and the best bits from Series G.
- New Material: Ganimals - You would not want Private Gwilym Jenkins of the Royal Welsh Regiment to guard your rose bushes because he is a goat. He is the regiment's mascot and comes from the royal herd at Windsor. Other animal mascots exist, including a penguin in a Norwegian regiment that is currently at the rank of general that was honoured in Edinburgh. The Irish Guards have an Irish wolfhound as their mascot, while the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders have a Shetland pony.
- Best Bit: Gothic - The correct pronunciation of "Van Gogh".
- Best Bit: Gallimaufrey - Alan and Phill's "definition" of "grog blossom".
- Best Bit: Genius - The Victorians and evolution.
- New Material: Girls and Boys - People of both genders can take more pain from women than they can from men. Another way people react differently with regards to women is depictions in art. People are more likely to faint if they see a beautiful woman in a picture, which is known as Stendhal Syndrome. Painkillers also have different effects. Women can withstand different levels of pain depending on their menstrual cycle. As a result, up unto the 1990s painkillers were not tested on women because it was claimed they did not give an accurate response.
- Best Bit: Geometry - Curry's paradox: the triangle trick.
- Best Bit: Greats - The reason why it took 300 years for the giant tortoise to get its scientific name.
- Monday 5th April 2010
- BBC One
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|Stephen Fry||Host / Presenter|
|Alan Davies||Regular Panellist|
|Dara O Briain||Guest|
|John Mitchinson||Question Writer|
|Justin Pollard||Question Writer|
|James Harkin||Question Writer|
|Molly Oldfield||Question Writer|
|Jonathan Paul Green||Production Designer|
|Katie Taylor||Executive Producer|
|David Morley (as Dave Morley)||Executive Producer|