Series D, Episode 7 - Differences
- The main difference between men and women is the chromosomes. Women are XX, whereas men are XY.
- Alcohol has a greater effect on men, although in the long-run, women are more prone to alcohol related brain and liver damage. (Forfeit: Women)
- Women get colder quicker in order to keep the vital organs warm.
- The guests had to correctly identify a picture of a Yupik. (Forfeit: Inuit)
- You cannot describe the difference between left and right.
- Deaf people applaud by waving the hands in the air.
- A question about something different from differences - similarity. The similarity between herring and teenage boys is that they communicate by farting.
- The difference between white eggs and brown eggs is the colour. There is no other difference (i.e. no difference in taste).
- You can make a Difference Engine out of cogs or Meccano. The Difference Engine, invented by Charles Babbage, was only completed in 1991, and worked perfectly. Babbage also invented the cowcatcher.
- The difference between ping pong and table tennis is that "Ping pong" is a brand name.
- Eskimos have 32 different words for demonstrative pronouns. English has four, "This", "That", "These" and "Those". Examples used by the eskimos mean, "That one high up there", "That one in there" (as in a house) and "This one that we can't see". (Forfeit: Ice; Snow)
- The Moon smells of gunpowder.
- Twelve people have walked on the Moon.
- Gandhi's first names were Mohandas Karamchand. (Forfeit: Randy - 150 point penalty to Alan)
- Friday 3rd November 2006
- BBC Four
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|Stephen Fry||Host / Presenter|
|Alan Davies||Regular Panellist|
|Dara O Briain||Guest|
|John Mitchinson||Question Writer|
|Piers Fletcher||Question Writer|
|Lorraine Heggessey||Executive Producer|
|Katie Taylor||Executive Producer|
|Jonathan Paul Green||Production Designer|