Series D, Episode 3 - Dogs
- Dogs are the most varied of all animal species.
- When mating, dogs start in the doggy position and then turn around so they are "Arse-to-arse", with the penis locked inside the vagina. The panel are asked to demonstrate what they thought happened using toy dogs, with Jeremy being the only one to get the answer right. Alan was given a large Old English sheepdog and a Scottish terrier dressed in tartan.
- The most interesting thing a dog can smell is cancer. (Forfeit: Bottoms; Bollocks)
- You can tell the difference between a scouse dog and a Scottish dog by the accent. Their barks sound different.
- The only dog that lays eggs is a dogfish, which is a type of shark.
- The German for "Sausage dog" is "Dackel". (Forfeit: Dachshund)
- Fisher comes before German Bight in the shipping forecast. The one before Fisher is Dogger. (Forfeit: German bark)
- Examples of islands named after birds include Puffin Island and Bird Island. (Forfeit: Canary Islands - Named after the Latin for "Dog" and the birds are named after the island)
- People on the island of La Gomera communicate by whistling in Spanish.
- Dog Kung Fu is a kind of martial art where the initial stance is on all-fours. It was invented by a Chinese nun.
- A question on dogfighting: The aeroplane that won the battle of Britain was the Hurricane. The first two planes shot down by Spitfires in WWII were hurricanes. (Forfeit: Spitfire)
- Gorillas sleep in nests. They make a new nest every day, even if there is nothing wrong with the old one. The scientific name for the gorilla is "Gorilla gorilla". This is an example of a tautonym. Other examples include "Bison bison" and "Iguana iguana".
- "Rattus rattus" is the scientific name for the rat.
- "Oriolus oriolus" is the scientific name for the golden oriole.
- "Cygnus cygnus" is the scientific name for the whooper swan.
- "Puffinus puffinus" is the scientific name for the Manx shearwater. (Forfeit: Puffin)
- Friday 6th October 2006
- BBC Four
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|Stephen Fry||Host / Presenter|
|Alan Davies||Regular Panellist|
|John Mitchinson||Question Writer|
|Piers Fletcher||Question Writer|
|Lorraine Heggessey||Executive Producer|
|Katie Taylor||Executive Producer|
|Jonathan Paul Green||Production Designer|