Series B, Episode 10 - Bills
- The panel are asked to draw a wigwam. However, each panel mistakenly draw a tepee instead, except for Clive who draws George Michael and Andrew Ridgley of the band Wham! wearing wigs. ("Wamwig")
- There are over 200 folk names for the pansy, such as "Love idol", "Tickle my fancy", "Meet me in the buttery" and "Tickle my John".
- "Bottomry" is a type of insurance taken out on a ship (known as "Bottoms" in marine commerce).
- Buffalo Bill did nothing with buffalo because all the supposed buffalo in the USA are actually bison.
- Sitting Bull's real name was "Jumping Badger". He inherited his name from his father as a teenager. Sitting Bull is chief of the Sioux, who defeated General Custer at the Battle of Little Big Horn. Correction: Sitting Bull was not chief of the Sioux, but a medicine man. The army that defeated Custer was also made of several tribes. The Sioux formed only a third of the army.
- The BBC paid Hilda Brabban three guineas for the three original Bill and Ben, the Flowerpot Men radio stories.
- The connection between Billy the Kid and Ben-Hur is Lew Wallace. Wallace wrote the novel Ben-Hur and also wrote Billy the Kid's death warrant whilst he was Governor of New Mexico.
- As you go upstairs, the thoughts in your head go faster.
- The best floor to throw a cat out of is the fifth, if you want to harm it.
- The commonest material in the world is perovskite. (Forfeit: Oxygen; Water)
- In 63 AD, Pompeii was destroyed by an earthquake.
- Roman emperors ordered the death of a gladiator by sticking their thumbs up. (Forfeit: Thumbs down)
- The organisation the Americans fought in Vietnam was the Viet Minh. (Forfeit: Viet Cong)
For the King Kong correction, see The Unbelievable Truth, Series 21, Episode 1.
- Friday 3rd December 2004
- BBC Four
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|Stephen Fry||Host / Presenter|
|Alan Davies||Regular Panellist|
|John Mitchinson||Question Writer|
|Piers Fletcher||Question Writer|
|Mark Freeland||Executive Producer|
|Simon London||Executive Producer|
|Jonathan Paul Green||Production Designer|