Series N - QI VG: Compilation Show 15
A mixture of new material and best bits from Series N.
- Best Bit: Naming Names Tangent - The origin of the word "quiz".
- New Material: North Norse Tangent - Sandi has difficulty understanding Lucy Beaumont's Hull accent, when she talks about playing "hook-a-duck" at a fair, although actually Lucy's accent is similar to that from people in Scandinavia. Lucy was once doing a gig in Norway, and Lucy claims they the Norwegians understood her better than people in Cheltenham. Alan says that today you cannot fail at hook-a-duck because kids will get angry if they don't win something, and that most of the goldfish given away as prizes at fairs are not actually dead. If you put them in a normal tank and feed them they will be fine.
- Best Bit: Night Tangent - The need to go up for a wee in the middle of the night, and rumours of people urinating in hotel kettles.
- Best Bit: Nosey Noisy Tangent - No-one knows why giraffes hum.
- Best Bit: North Norse Tangent - The Saint John river flowing backwards, and Venice's black gondolas.
- Best Bit: Numbers Tangent - Ringing a random Swedish person.
- Best Bit: Night Tangent - Holly Walsh talks about elderly cat owners dying and their cats eating the corpse of their owner.
- Best Bit: Naked Truth - There is no such thing as someone who is perfectly average.
- Best Bit: Nonsense - The worst noise in the world.
- Best Bit: Naval Navigation - The thing worn by Highland warriors during the Battle of Bannockburn.
- Best Bit: Naming Names Tangent - Phill Jupitus's mother and her loud whistling.
- Best Bit: Nature/Nurture - You cannot describe a bearded tit.
- Best Bit: Non Sequiturs - Impersonating a trout faking an orgasm.
- Best Bit: Night Tangent - Holly Walsh's husband maker her sleep facing away from him because she sleeps too loudly.[/b]
- Best Bit: Noble Rot Tangent - The difficulties for women when using a public toilet when the lock on the door is broken.
- Best Bit: Noodles - Britain's biggest national secret was once the BT Tower.
- Best Bit: Next - The mating habits of black widow spiders.
- Best Bit: Nosey Noisy - Telling the difference between hot and cold water from by their sound.
- Best Bit: Noel - How you would consume the original Humpty Dumpty.
- Friday 17th February 2017
- BBC Two
- 30 minutes
Cast & crew
|Sandi Toksvig||Host / Presenter|
|Alan Davies||Regular Panellist|
|Deirdre O'Kane (as Deidre O'Kane)||Guest|
|James Harkin||Script Editor|
|John Lloyd (as John Lloyd CBE)||Series Producer|
|Sohail Shah||Executive Producer|