- 1968 - 1973
- 45 (7 series), plus 1 short special
- Vince Powell and Harry Driver
- Hylda Baker, Jimmy Jewel, Joe Gladwin, Madge Hindle, Edward Malin and Bert Palmer
- Vince Powell, Harry Driver, John Stevenson, Roy Bottomley, Tom Brennand and Lew Schwarz
- June Howson and Bill Podmore
- Peter Eckersley and Bill Podmore
Colne's finest pickle factory, Pledge's Purer Pickles, falls into the hands of Nellie and Eli Pledge after the death of their father, Joshua. Neither of the previously estranged siblings are that keen on taking on the business but they are forced into partnership by their father's bequest of £20,000 cash, should they keep the factory - and family home - running for at least 5 years.
The pair's second cousin Lily and her dithering octogenarian husband Walter are regular visitors to the Pledge household, alongside factory transport manager Stan and his horse Storm. A factory full of colourful characters complete the ensemble.
- Also known as
- Nearest & Dearest
- Camera set-up
- Theme tune composed by Derek Hilton.
- First broadcast
- Thursday 15th August 1968 at 8pm on ITV
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 1st February 1973 at 8:30pm on ITV