Comedy drama which followed the trials and tribulations and entangled lives of a group of old friends. Marc Warren and Alexander Armstrong starred
- Comedy Drama
- BBC One
- 6 (1 series)
- Marc Warren, Keeley Hawes, Alexander Armstrong, Alistair Petrie, Rhashan Stone, Naomi Bentley, Sarah Alexander, Claire Rushbrook and others
- Anil Gupta and Richard Pinto
- Catherine Morshead and Jim O'Hanlon
- Rob Bullock
Martin has two best friends, Patrick and Carl, who couldn't be more different. One is an irresponsible, unreliable, feckless womaniser, and the other is dead. Guess which one slept with his wife?
Martin Grantham is happily married to Jen. They have a son Dan, a nice house, the works. One day his best friend Carl throws himself under a train, setting off a disastrous sequence of events that will change Martin's life forever...
Into this mess steps Patrick, a friend from way back. Patrick is everything Martin is not - glib, self-confident, popular and pathologically immature. He's the last person Martin needs in his life right now. Or is he?
The series explores issues such as death, adultery, marriage, divorce, parenthood and even breaking and entering but, with friends like these, who needs enemies?
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 26th August 2008 on BBC One at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Tuesday 30th September 2008 on BBC One at 9pm
- Length of episodes
- 1 hour