- Comedy Drama
- BBC One
- 6 (1 series)
- Marc Warren, Keeley Hawes, Alexander Armstrong, Alistair Petrie, Rhashan Stone, Naomi Bentley, Sarah Alexander, Claire Rushbrook and more
- Anil Gupta and Richard Pinto
- Catherine Morshead and Jim O'Hanlon
- Rob Bullock, Sarah Brandist, Simon Wilson and Mark Redhead
Martin has two best friends, Patrick and Carl, who couldn't be more different. One is an irresponsible, unreliable, feckless womaniser, and the other is dead. Guess which one slept with his wife?
Martin Grantham is happily married to Jen. They have a son Dan, a nice house, the works. One day his best friend Carl throws himself under a train, setting off a disastrous sequence of events that will change Martin's life forever...
Into this mess steps Patrick, a friend from way back. Patrick is everything Martin is not - glib, self-confident, popular and pathologically immature. He's the last person Martin needs in his life right now. Or is he?
The series explores issues such as death, adultery, marriage, divorce, parenthood and even breaking and entering but, with friends like these, who needs enemies?
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 26th August 2008 at 9pm on BBC One