Monty Python: Almost The Truth
40th anniversary documentary celebrating and exploring the story of the Monty Python comedy troupe "from start to finish"
- 2009 - 2012
- Sky Arts, BBC Two
- 6 (1 series), plus 1 BBC single episode version
- Danny Scheinmann, John Cleese, Michael Palin, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Terry Gilliam and Graham Chapman
- Bill Jones, Ben Timlett and Alan G. Parker
- Bill Jones and Ben Timlett
To commemorate the 'Ruby Jubilee' of Monty Python, this six part series takes viewers on a journey telling the story of the Pythons from start to finish.
Starting with the very humble beginnings of how the legendary British comedy troupe emerged, we learn how the cast met, their early influences and how they went on to create ground-breaking television, and their transition into movies that would change the face of comedy forever.
- Part of
- Production companies
- Also known as
- Monty Python: Almost The Truth - The BBC Lawyers' Cut (Other official name)
- Monty Python: Almost The Truth - The Lawyer's Cut (Other official name)
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Saturday 14th January 2012 on Sky Arts at 8pm
- Last new broadcast
- Saturday 18th February 2012 on Sky Arts at 8pm
- Length of episodes
- 1 hour
- Last repeat
- Saturday 7th September 2019 at 9:00pm on BBC2