- 1 Pilot
- Nikesh Shukla, Riz Ahmed and Nick Hearne
- Shazad Latif, Jack Doolan, Tony Jayawardena, Mandi Sidhu, Kulvinder Ghir, Ian Bonar, Josie Long and Dale Meeks
- Nikesh Shukla and Anil Gupta
- Anil Gupta
- Anil Gupta, Phil Clarke and Andrew Newman
Kabadasses follows the story of two friends, Bobby and Vin, as they attempt to set up a multi-racial kabaddi team.
Bobby is a loveable dreamer with high hopes and no prospects. When his domineering girlfriend, Shobna, throws him out, Bobby finds himself back at his Dad's with is tail between his legs. His father, Latte, the Thamesmead cappuccino king, disapproves of Bobby's slacker lifestyle and thinks his dear departed wife spoiled the boy.
Bobby and his best mate Vin, a thug with a heart, decide that their best shot at redemption is to set up the world's first all white English Kabaddi team. Obviously. With a makeshift team and no idea of the rules, Bobby realises they need help. They find it in the shape of The Marauding Moustache, a legend in the East London League and a cross between Mr Miyagi and Homer Simpson.
Similar to wrestling, kabaddi is a team contact sport popular in India and Bangladesh. It gained a small following during 1991-2 when Channel 4 ran a game show focused on the sport - Kabaddi - presented by Krishnan Guru-Murthy.
- Part of
- First broadcast
- Sunday 13th November 2011 at 11:05pm on E4
- Episode length
- 30 minutes
- Most recent repeats
- Saturday 24th August 2013 at 2:25am on E4
- Friday 23rd August 2013 at 2:45am on E4
- Saturday 15th June 2013 at 2:15am on E4