- 2018 - 2019
- Sky One
- 13 (2 series)
- Idris Elba
- Idris Elba, Bill Bailey, Madeline Appiah, Jimmy Akingbola, Kellie Shirley, Sammy Kamara, Mattie Boys, Quincy and others
- Claire Downes, Ian Jarvis, Stuart Lane and Danielle Ward
- Declan Lowney, Cecile Emeke and Sandy Johnson
- Charlie Hanson and Alex Walsh-Taylor
Set in London in the 1980s, In The Long Run is about the Easmon family. Amid the tower blocks and shell suits, life for Walter and Agnes Easmon is all about quiet routine. They arrived from Sierra Leone 13 years ago and are happy earning enough to pay the bills with a bit left over to send back home.
Walter works hard alongside his mate and neighbour Bagpipes at the local factory while Evelyn patrols the estate selling make-up door-to-door. Their British born son Kobna and his best mate Scott hang out on the estate playing football and doing their best to dodge the local thugs.
But when Walter's brother Valentine arrives to the UK, his energy and lust for life changes everything. He crashes into their lives bringing laughter and chaos and igniting a passion for music in Kobna. And though he frustrates Agnes and tests Walter's patience, Kobna adores his 'funcle' Valentine because after all, he's family.
- First broadcast
- Thursday 29th March 2018 on Sky One at 2am
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 20th December 2019 on Sky One at 2am
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Friday 27th December 2019 at 1:50am