CBBC sitcom starring Rufus Hound. The comedian is chased through space and time by the evil Dr Muhahahaha
- 13 (1 series)
- Jack Cheshire
- Rufus Hound, Colin McFarlane, Nadine Marshall, Steven Wickham, Eva Alexander, Colin Ryan and Jan Ravens
- Matt Brito, Caimh McDonnell, John Warburton, Paula Hines, Jack Cheshire, Julia Kent, Carl Carter, Tony Cooke and others
- Sydney Macartney
- John Pocock, Jack Cheshire and Melissa Hardinge
Hounded is a sitcom for CBBC in which Rufus Hound, hapless presenter of fictional science show Funlab, has a very bad day... repeatedly.
When a scientific experiment on the first Funlab show goes wrong, Rufus is sucked into a parallel universe where television and movie special effects are part of everyday life. It's a world inhabited by evil but incompetent "genius" Dr Muhahahaha, who is trying to take over the Earth.
Dr Mu (as he is known for short) develops a serious grudge against Rufus, who finds an ally in his Future Self, who keeps cropping up to help him. In a series of fantastic adventures, Rufus is hounded across the known multiverse by Dr Mu and his irritatingly pedantic chief scientific advisor, Steve.
Blundering across space and time through dimensions governed not by the laws of nature but by the laws of comedy, Rufus meets the comic characters who inhabit the parallel world of Hounded.
Developed by the team behind BBC Three's innovative sketch show The Wrong Door, Rufus must thwart Dr Muhahahaha and find his way home. At the end of each adventure Rufus crashes back into his own universe, finding himself back in his flat about to start the same fateful day again...
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Friday 11th June 2010 on CBBC at 5:15pm
- Last new broadcast
- Friday 3rd September 2010 on CBBC at 5:15pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Thursday 6th June 2013 at 11:00am