- Sketch Show
- BBC Two
- Harry Enfield, Paul Whitehouse, Kevin Eldon, Simon Greenall, Justin Edwards, Catherine Shepherd, Rosie Cavaliero, Joseph Morpurgo and others
- Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse
- Ed Bye
- Bradley Adams
From Men Behaving Likely Ladly to Dennis From Heaven, The Old Grey Wrinkled Testicle to Ask The Ugly Family, Grumpy Old Hasbeens to Panel Show, there are clips from all the channel's greatest shows, almost exactly as viewers remember them...
The story of BBC Two starts with its painful birth as 'Auntie Beeb' pushes out the now familiar '2' logo into the arms, and much to the delight of, the attending BBC executives.
This sets the tone as we romp through the story of 2's highs and lows from World War One to The Great British Bake Off, via The Forsyte Saga, Tim Nice But Brooke Taylor, Late Night Line Up with Joan Bakewell Tart and Monty Python. We drop into The Office and Boys From The Blackstuff, Arena, Old Grey Whistle Test and The Apprentice among many others.
The whole journey is set inside a documentary by Simon Schama (played by Enfield), with Simon laconically walking through TV Centre linking this 50-year saga.
Harry Enfield says: "BBC Two gave me my big solo break with Harry Enfield's Television Programme almost 25 years ago. They have been loyal to us over decades. We therefore felt it was only right that now we should stab BBC Two in the back."
He adds: "They kindly asked us to do a homage to 50 years of BBC Two. It's turned out to be less of a homage and more of a homicide. Whoops."
- Production company
- Also known as
- Harry & Paul's Story Of The Twos (Working title)
- Harry & Paul's History Of The 2s (Working title)
- Original music composed by Philip Pope with vocals by Sarah Eyden.
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Sunday 25th May 2014 on BBC Two at 9pm
- Episode length
- 1 hour
- Last repeat
- Friday 3rd April 2015 at 11:00pm