- Channel 4
- 6 (1 series)
- Lisa Kudrow, Dan Bucatinsky and Don Roos
- Stephen Mangan, Katherine Parkinson, Karl Theobald, Jessica Hynes, Richard E. Grant, Charles Dance, Celia Imrie, Conleth Hill and more
- Robert Delamere, Stephen Mangan, Louise Delamere, Neil Gibbons, Rob Gibbons and Sarah Butcher
- Robert Delamere and Chris May
- Louise Delamere, Kevin Loader, Stephen Mangan, Laura Riseam, Cheyenne Conway and Robin Davies
Stephen Mangan co-writes and stars as Dr. Richard Pitt, a therapist with a chequered professional career, who finds himself at a crossroads in life - a crossroads precipitated by the startling realisation that his life appears to be falling apart at the seams....
After the collapse of his previous group therapy practice, Richard is no longer able to conduct the traditional 50-minute sessions most therapists have with their patients. Instead, he's developed a new form of therapy - weekly quick-fire sessions with his patients which take place online, through a webcam. The few patients on his list present a hilarious and outrageous catalogue of neuroses, phobias, issues, anxieties and psychopathies, but even these short sessions, where he's confronted by everything from the sublime to the ridiculous, are not his greatest challenge... His patience and temperament are stretched to their limit by the daily interruptions of a demanding extended family, errant teenagers and his own trouble-filled past...
- Camera set-up
- Single camera