- Comedy Drama
- 6 (1 series)
- Mark Bussell and Justin Sbresni
- William Ash, Stephen Walters, Craig Parkinson, Lee Boardman, Naomi Bentley, Rebekah Staton, Christine Bottomley, Susie Blake and more
- Mark Bussell, Justin Sbresni, Jonathan Harvey and Steve Turner
- Elliot Hegarty and Iain B MacDonald
- Pat Lees, Angela Sinden, Mark Bussell, Justin Sbresni, Jimmy Mulville and Paul Schlesinger
Great Night Out follows four mid-thirties mates as they enjoy a weekly boys' get-together in Stockport. As they help each other through romantic, work and family crises, they invariably create much bigger problems to solve.
Hodge sees himself as the leader of the group - but no-one else does. In reality he side-steps responsibility - and spending money; his wife Kath most certainly wears the trousers at home. Beggsy is an upbeat soul, divorced for a year but still pining after his ex-wife who has fled down under with her new hubby taking their daughter Kelly with her.
Glyn is everyone's loyal underdog who still yearns after his high school crush Julie and seems to fluff every attempt to get together with her despite his mates' well-intentioned 'advice'; Daz is the eternal pessimist of the group, the first to pull Hodge up on his sometimes questionable fashion sense and the first to put a dampener on a situation. Sometimes he's in a relationship with Colleen, sometimes not. Their constant bickering seems to be the only glue holding them together, but underneath there's a real love.
Great Night Out charts the lads' attempts to right their worldly wrongs - so long as they don't have to move too far from their local, the footie or greasy spoon to do so.
- First broadcast
- Friday 11th January 2013 at 9pm on ITV1
- Most recent repeats