- Channel 4
- Robert Popper, Tamsin Greig, Paul Ritter, Simon Bird, Tom Rosenthal, Mark Heap, Tracy-Ann Oberman, Rosie Cavaliero and more
- Sean Doherty
- Sean Doherty, Kenton Allen, Robert Popper, Caroline Leddy, Matthew Justice and Jude Winstanley
Friday Night Dinner: 10 Years And A Lovely Bit Of Squirrel is a 90-minute behind the scenes look at every aspect of Channel 4 sitcom Friday Night Dinner - from its humble beginnings as a 5 minute pilot, shot in creator Robert Popper's parent's house (where his actual dad walked into the middle of a scene to announce, "I'm going out now to buy some bin liners"), to its glorious, tear-inducing Series 6 finale, some 925 screen minutes later.
The documentary also delves into just why the show has touched so many hearts, including interviews with main cast: Tamsin Greig (Mum), Paul Ritter (Dad), Simon Bird (Adam), Tom Rosenthal (Jonny) - plus, of course, oddball neighbour, Mark Heap (Jim).
We also get to hear from some of the supporting cast, including Tracy-Ann Oberman (Auntie Val), Rosie Cavaliero (The Other Jackie), Harry Landis (Mr Morris), Matthew Holness (Chris Parker) and Kiell Smith-Bynoe (Nick); as well as meeting fans of the series, including Claudia Winkleman, Lou Sanders, David Baddiel, Nihal Arthanayake and Krishnan Guru-Murthy.
Broadcast as part of Friday Night Dinner Night, it will also feature exclusive behind the scenes footage, insights and anecdotes from the cast and crew on making the series, interviews with Friday Night Dinner superfans, and out-takes that have never been broadcast on British television until now.
- Also known as
- You Look Nice: The True Story Of Friday Night Dinner (Working title)
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- First broadcast
- Friday 28th May 2021 at 9pm on Channel 4
- Episode length
- 90 minutes
- All previous repeats
- Monday 31st May 2021 at 9:00pm on 4seven
- Saturday 29th May 2021 at 10:00pm on 4seven
- Saturday 29th May 2021 at 1:15am on 4seven