The 51 part action-packed adventure series features Beano's dynamic duo bringing their high energy humour and mischievous sense of fun to CBBC audiences.
Dennis and Gnasher are joined by familiar favourite, Pieface (voiced by Ryan Sampson), as well as brand new characters JJ (Kathryn Drysdale) and Rubi (Kelly Marie Stewart). Together the gang embark on a series of endless escapades trying to outwit their teacher Mrs Creecher (Joanna Ruiz), get the better of Dennis' arch rival, the pompous Walter (Rasmus Hardiker) who is always trying to ruin the fun for Dennis and his pals, and to untangle themselves from some tricky situations.
Ever present is Dennis' indomitable sense of humour, as their exploits see them battle the likes of alien invaders, take on 'zom-peas', a Yeti and a prehistoric dinosaur, and get trapped in the depths of the school's 'Confiscatorium' as they go in search of Dennis' confiscated 'Tongue Destroyer' - the long-sought-after and ultimate, ultra-sour, sweet.
1. The first appearance of Dennis in the Beano comic was 17 March 1951. His first words were 'KEEP OFF THE GRASS? HUH!' His first word in the new series of Dennis and Gnasher: Unleashed is: "Here!" as he slips behind his school desk seat just in time for his name being called in the class register.
2. Dennis' famous red and black jersey is seen in all its knitted glory for the first time in 3D in the new series. For the first few episodes in the Beano comic in the 1950s Dennis DIDN'T wear the famous jumper - his mum was still knitting it.
3. Dennis is in Mrs Creecher's class, 3C, at Bash Street School, and is perpetually ten years-old.
4. Dennis' infamous joined up eyebrow and eyes didn't translate well from the 2D version to this new version of the show - it restricted what was possible in terms of expression. By separating his eyes the animators were able to create much more emotion in Dennis' facial expressions.
5. Dennis' trusty canine sidekick Gnasher first appeared in the Beano comic in August 1968 - they've been inseparable ever since. Gnasher was created when star writer - and dog lover - Ian 'Smokey' Gray insisted that the funniest pets looked remarkably like their owners and suggested to the Dennis creator Law that he should simply, "take Dennis's hair, add four legs, eyes, a nose and a mouth".
6. Gnasher is an Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripe Hound, who speaks 'Gnasherese'.
7. Dennis' gadget of choice is his peashooter. It used to be his catapult, but he decided to 'give peas a chance'...
8. There are three teams of 10 animators who each work on separate episodes of the show and there are over 80 talented people working across the show in total, building models, rigging, texturing, animating, lighting and compositing. There's also the cast who do all the character voices, the sound studio who mix all the sound and a post production company who check everything technical.
9. In the new series Dennis plays lead guitar in his band, Dennis And The Dinmakers. Gnasher 'dances' and plays maracas.
10. The opening title music for the new series was recorded by The Vaccines.