- BBC Three
- 1 Pilot
- Greg James, Jarred Christmas, Richard David-Caine, Tom Davis, Montserrat Lombard, Alexander Owen, Olivia Poulet and Nico Tatarowicz
- Greg James, Shaun Pye and Mark Chappell
- Simon Gibney and Tim Mannion
- Arnold Widdowson, Ben Cavey and Anne Patterson
Jake Cross is unexpectedly given an opportunity to inherit the coveted breakfast slot when the previous presenter dies. Should he sell out now he has a shot at the big time, or should he try and maintain his integrity and small but loyal fanbase?
Jake's entourage includes an idiot best friend, a career-threatening agent, a highly-strung producer and an irritatingly successful rival radio DJ.
Talking about his acting debut, Greg James says "I have always wanted to write a comedy for the BBC. The fact that this silly idea I jotted down 2 years ago is now a reality is ridiculously exciting. It's been the most enjoyable thing I've ever done and I can't wait for people to see it. My 14 year-old self wouldn't believe it."
Executive Producer Ben Cavey says "Greg James, Mark Chappell and Shaun Pye's script is very funny and boasts more twists and turns than your average rollercoaster. It's thanks to their brilliant writing that we were able to attract such a fantastic cast to support Greg in his first ever sitcom performance."
BBC commissioner Kristian Smith adds "Dead Air brings the enormous charisma of Radio 1's Greg James to the screen in his own fictional comedy. We're really pleased to be supporting his own creation, reflecting some of the chaos and calamity of the radio world."
- Part of
- First broadcast
- Friday 21st August 2015 at 11pm on BBC Three
- Episode length
- 20 minutes
- Most recent repeats
- Saturday 30th January 2016 at 2:20am on BBC3
- Friday 23rd October 2015 at 3:10am on BBC3
- Monday 12th October 2015 at 3:40am on BBC3