Sitcom starring Harry Enfield and Amanda Holden as ageing, wayward rocker Gary Bloke and his far younger wife, Debs
- BBC One
- 6 (1 series)
- Charles Peattie, Mark Warren and Russell Taylor
- Harry Enfield, Amanda Holden, Rupert Vansittart and Leo Bill
- Charles Peattie and Mark Warren
- Ed Bye
- Ed Bye, Geoffrey Perkins and Jon Plowman
Based on the strip cartoon featured in Private Eye, Celeb stars Harry Enfield as Gary Bloke, a fifty-something ageing rock star, deluded that he's still as famous, popular and successful as always.
Having once achieved worldwide stardom, the East End lad is now living it up in a large country manor just outside the picturesque village of Duntwich. With little to do most of the time, Gary spends his considerable wealth as only the nouveau riche can: on ostentatious decor, cars and home furnishings. And copious amounts of drugs - a habit he somehow manages to keep concealed from gorgeous current wife Debs, quite some years his junior and a former model.
Gary's twenty-something son, Troy, can be found by his side more often than not, whilst long-suffering butler Johnson despairs of his employer's lifestyle and demands.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Friday 6th September 2002 on BBC One at 9pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 10th October 2002 on BBC One at 9:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes