Ground-breaking Channel 4 comedy drama about six disabled people. The characters are played by actors with the same disabilities
- Comedy Drama
- Channel 4
- 6 (1 series)
- Tim Gebbels, Sophie Woolley, Victoria Wright, Mat Fraser, Kiruna Stamell and Peter Mitchell
- Jack Thorne, Alex Bulmer and Tony Roche
- Miranda Bowen and Amanda Boyle
- Joel Wilson
Comedy drama about a fictional reality show in which six disabled people are marooned on a remote island.
Each of the episodes will focus on one of the six contestants: a blind man, a deaf woman, a paraplegic man, a woman with dwarfism, a thalidomide-affected man and a woman with cherubism.
This comedy drama is aiming to tell the story of contemporary disabled identity from the perspective of contemporary disabled people. The characters are played by actors with the same disability, and whose real-life experiences have been fed into the story.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Tuesday 24th November 2009 on Channel 4 at 11:05pm
- Last new broadcast
- Wednesday 9th December 2009 on Channel 4 at 11:10pm
- Length of episodes
- 1 hour
- Last repeat
- Friday 22nd July 2011 at 1:05am