- BBC One
- 7 (1 series)
- Maureen Lipman, Maria Charles, Niall Buggy, David Harewood, Doon Mackichan, Valerie Edmond and Sacha Grunpeter
- Carl Gorham, Michael Hatt and Amanda Swift
- Bob Spiers
- Humphrey Barclay, Christopher Skala and Al Mitchell
Still as single as when we last saw her, Jane Lucas is back - and now she's graduated from a magazine column and local radio show to her own nationwide daytime TV chat show, Lucas Live.
Her producer, Debra, puts a string of obstacles in Jane's path not dissimilar to Diana, her old editor at Person magazine, and proves to be just as ambivalent to the problems of others - if not even more ruthless about exploiting them!
Juggling a fledgling romance with social worker Daniel, Jane is also still trying to cope with her demanding, emotionally manipulative Jewish mother. She's got additional pressures on her hands with son Michael - now 18 - and a homeless man, Richard, whom she offers a home to in a heated exchange on her TV show.
Running herself as frantically off her feet as ever, the question remains: can Jane herself ever find peace?
- Production company
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Thursday 31st August 1995 on BBC One at 8:30pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 12th October 1995 on BBC One at 8:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes