Big Screen British Comedy
Three of the most popular and long-running BBC comedy series hit the big screen in four film adaptations featuring the original casts - Dad's Army, Steptoe & Son, Steptoe And Son Ride Again and Are You Being Served? - three appearing on Blu-ray for the first time anywhere.
Britain: 1939. Walmington-on-Sea. The defence of this tranquil coastal town is in the hands of bank manager Captain Mainwaring when he assembles a motley platoon to become the Home Guard.
The bright lights of the West End beckon for Harold when he marries a stripper, but his ever-resentful father tags along on their honeymoon bringing an end to wedded bliss.
The 1972 big-screen film version of the much-loved and long-running BBC comedy series.
The Steptoes' loyal, but past-it horse must be sent off to the knacker's yard. Instead of buying a new nag, a drunken Harold blows their savings on a greyhound in the belief it will win them a fortune.
The staff of Grace Bros. Ladies and Gentlemen's departments head to the sun-kissed shores of the Costa Plonka for the holiday of a lifetime while the store is redecorated.
First released: Wednesday 27th October 2021
- Dad's Army: New audio commentary by Tony Pritchard and Paul Carpenter of the Dad's Army Appreciation Society (2021)
- Dad's Army: New interview with actor Frank Williams by television writer Richard Webber (2021)
- Dad's Army: New interview with editor Willy Kemplen (2021)
- Dad's Army: Interview with series co-creator Jimmy Perry & actor Bill Pertwee on Open House (1998)
- Dad's Army: Two 1970s public information films on road safety featuring the cast of Dad's Army
- Steptoe & Son: New audio commentary by television historian Dick Fiddy (2021)
- Steptoe & Son: Interview with writers Ray Galton and Alan Simpson (1995)
- Steptoe & Son: Extensive stills gallery
- Steptoe & Son: Reprint of the original press book
- Steptoe And Son Ride Again: New audio commentary by film historians Vic Pratt and Will Fowler (2021)
- Steptoe And Son Ride Again: Excerpt from BBC's Nationwide featuring on-set interviews with cast and writers (1973)
- Steptoe And Son Ride Again: Steptoe & Son Down Under - audio recording from the Australian stage show (1977)
- Steptoe And Son Ride Again: Extensive stills gallery
- Steptoe And Son Ride Again: Reprint of the original press book
- Are You Being Served?: New audio commentary with comedy historian Robert Ross (2021)
- Are You Being Served?: On-set interviews with the cast and writers Jeremy Lloyd and David Croft (1977)
- Are You Being Served?: Danish television sketch featuring John Inman, Mollie Sugden and Wendy Richard (1976)
- Are You Being Served?: Archival audio interview with actor John Inman (1976)
- Are You Being Served?: Extensive stills gallery
- Are You Being Served?: Reprint of the original press book
- Original theatrical trailers for each film
- Isolated music score and effects audio track for each film
Not in the UK?
If you are in the North America, look out for US/Canadian flag icons on popular product listings for direct links.
If you order from a UK store, please note that the UK is in Region 2 and B, respectively, for DVDs and Blu-rays - check your player's compatibility, or look for multi-region products if you are located in another region.
If you are in Australia or New Zealand (DVD Region 4), note that almost all DVDs distributed in the UK by the BBC and 2entertain are encoded for both Region 2 and Region 4. The UK and Australasia are in the same Blu-ray region (B).